Quick and easy. A favorite to make for leftovers when working shift-work, or for lazy Saturdays!
1 Pilsbury Pie Crust (come in packs of 2) or homemade pie crust [Betty Crocker’s is my fav. recipe]
1/2 lb bacon(aprox. 7 slices)
1 cup fresh spinach
1 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 cup shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Wisk spices, eggs, milk and cheese in a large bowl.
2. Let sit, covered, in fridge while cooking bacon to a crisp in a pan: aprox. 10 minutes on med-high heat.
3. Crumble bacon
4. In a pie plate, roll out pie pastry. Cover bottom of pastry with spinach and bacon.
5. Pour egg mixture over spinach and bacon.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 200 F after 20 minutes- at this point your quiche should appear cooked, but jiggle in the middle when disturbed. If you don’t reduce heat, the outter eggs will be over cooked by the time the middle eggs are set.
7. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes, slice and serve warm.
*Can be frozen 1-2 months.
**To reheat in microwave, place half a cup of water beside plate of quiche to help retain moisture.
|Nutritional Facts: Per 1/5 Quiche: 379 calories, 23g fat, 2.8g carbohydrates, 21.4g protein, 0.1g fibre|